I'm A Little Hermit Crab FREEBIE!!!

Hermit Crab

Poem & Craftivity

After reading A House For Hermit Crab by Eric Carle,
our class made hermit crabs
using scrapbook paper for their shells.
We do not use patterns with our kiddos but
we have made a set of patterns for you in this freebie!

Then we read our I'm A Little Hermit Crab poem. We wrote this poem ourselves! It can be sung to the tune of I'm A Little Teapot. After reading our poem, we charted the rhyming words, checked the spelling patterns,
and brainstormed more rhyming words
 that followed these patterns~
this is a procedure we always use
when learning new poems.

A very sweet neighbor teacher fell in love with our crabs and said that she was going to read
A House For Hermit Crab.
Then she was going to relate hermit crab looking for his new shell to her students moving to the next grade.
She is doing this to make the transition
fun and not scarey!!!
Thanks for sharing your idea Ashley...we heart you!♥

Click the pic to print for FREE on TPT at 2 Super Teachers♥♥♥
Please take the time to Follow Us on TPT to get notifications of our FREEBIES!!!

3 comments:

  1. Too cute! Thank you for sharing! I was so excited to find your blog. This will be my 2nd year to team teach with another super teacher :) We absolutely loved our first year and can't wait to see what next year brings! I think it's awesome that you two have been doing it for 14 years! Wow - we would so love to pick your brains! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute idea! I was excited to see you two are from Tulsa. I'm a lifelong BA girl, teaching in Coweta. I discovered you when I saw Carla M. had liked you on Facebook. (She was my student when I taught at ORU.) Drop by my blog and check it out when you have a chance. BTW, thanks for the ice cream freebie. It will be very useful for my 2ndies next year.
    Jill
    a-little-red-wagon

    ReplyDelete